The Silver Creek football team will begin sectional play on October 19th at conference rival Scottsburg at 7pm.The Dragons defeated Scottsburg at home on September 14th, 54-7. The complete Sectinal bracket can be found below.
Admission is $6 to all Sectional games, and any SCHS sports passes of any kind are not allowed to be used for any IHSAA sanctioned event.
IHSAA Postseason Tournament Restrictions
1. Banners and posters are not allowed.
2. No battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music, sirens or whistles are allowed.
3. Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed.
4. No live animal mascots are permitted at anytime.
5. The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.
Class 6A: Oct. 26; Nov. 2, 2018.
Class 5A-1A: Oct. 19, 26, Nov. 2, 2018.
Times: 7 pm local time or as determined by host school.
Admission: $6 per person.
Determining Home Team
First Round: The second-named team in the blind draw is host school unless the two teams agree to switch the site.
Semifinals: The team without a home game will host. Exception: The bye team will always be the visitor. If both teams were hosts or both were visitors, the second-named team in the quarter bracket will host. In 6A & 5A, in the four team sectionals, the second-named team will host.
Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host.